Operating hand-in-hand with our Open Recreation Program is the Equipment Checkout Service. Patrons may check out a variety of recreational equipment to use during Open Recreation times. Most equipment, including basketball, volleyball, wallyball, softball, soccer, and flag football equipment, may be checked out at no charge. Racquetball, squash, tennis, badminton, table tennis racquets, and jerseys for Intramurals are available for rent at $1 each per day. (Please note that SUNY Cortland students check out racquetball racquets free of charge.) Complete outdoor volleyball sets are also available for rent at $10 per day. Racquetballs may be purchased for $2 each or $4 per can, tennis balls for $3.50 per can, squash balls for $3 each, and table tennis balls/shuttlecocks for $1 each.
The Equipment Checkout and Racquetball Court Reservation Service is available to:
- Students who are currently enrolled at SUNY Cortland
- Faculty/Staff currently employed at SUNY Cortland and their immediate family members
- Retired faculty/staff
- Alumni who have purchased a Club Rec/Fitness Facility membership
- Current Club Recreation members
Equipment Checkout Requirements
- A current SUNY Cortland photo identification card or photo club rec card must be presented to check out equipment and will be held until the equipment is returned.
- All equipment must be returned within 24 hours or a $1 fine for each extra day will be assessed. ($10 per day for outdoor volleyball sets.)
- Patrons are responsible for the equipment when it is checked out. If it is damaged, lost, or stolen, replacement charges will be assessed.
Park Center Equipment Checkout Facility Hours:
|Monday - Thursday:
||4 p.m. - 11 p.m.
||4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
||9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
||Noon - 11 p.m
Racquetball Court Reservation Service
Racquetball courts are available for reservation according to the following policy:
- Patrons may reserve one court per day for one hour. Reservations are made on the hour.
- Reservations may be made the same day by coming by the Recreational Sports Office/Equipment Checkout Office in Park Center, or by calling 607-753-5585.
- Reservations may be made one day in advance but you must come by the Recreational Sports Office/Equipment Checkout Office for this privilege.
- Court reservations must be picked up from the Equipment Checkout supervisor by 15 minutes after the hour or the reservation will be forfeited with the court reverting to first come/first served.