The College follows a specific timeline for a change in the name of a current campus office or academic department. The timeline and the policy can be found in Chapter 442 of the College Handbook.
Name changes are effective July 1 of that calendar year, after approval by President’s Cabinet.
This checklist will help ensure that the new name subsequently appears in all College publications, communications, on the website and on signage.
During the month of June:
- Contact the Public Relations Office regarding an announcement of the new name
- Contact the Publications and Electronic Media Office
- to ensure that the new name appears on the College website
- to ensure that the new name appears in all College publications
- Order new stationery and business cards through Purchasing
- Update forms with the new name
- Change the name on all mailing lists
- Place a work order for new signage by submitting a Work Request on the Physical Plant Web page.
- Have staff update their online directory listing in myRedDragon to reflect the new name
|March 1||Deadline to submit proposal to dean or vice president|
|April 1||Deadline for submission to President's Cabinet|
|May 1||Deadline for endorsement by President's Cabinet|
|July 1||Name change takes effect.|