Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we encourage you to apply to be a Peer2Peer Mentor. This mentorship program is sponsored by the Multicultural Life and Diversity Office. As a mentor in the Peer2Peer Mentor Program, you will assist first-year students of underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds in navigating and adjusting to the SUNY Cortland campus.
You will have the opportunity to build substantial new relationships by helping students become more accustomed to collegiate life and by creating a community that they feel they are welcomed and included in. As a mentor, you will also get to attend the Annual Diversity Retreat in the Fall semester! For those who are already familiar with our annual retreat, we are now connecting it to this mentorship program. Only mentors and first-year mentees will be able to attend moving forward.
- Must have at least sophomore status (56.5 ch completed) at time of application
- Must be in good academic standing with no incomplete coursework
- Must have GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must be available and commit to participate for a full academic year (fall and spring); estimated time contributed 20 hours/semester plus weekend retreat
- Mentors will receive one credit each semester. Registering for the 1 credit is not optional.
If you are interested please click the link below to apply. The deadline to apply will be Friday, April 6 by Noon. Please email or call our office with any questions at Multicultural.email@example.com.