Peer2Peer mentorship program is sponsored by the Multicultural Life and Diversity Office. This program will assist first-year students of underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds in navigating and adjusting to the SUNY Cortland campus by connecting them with successful juniors and seniors.
First years will have the opportunity to build substantial new relationships and become more accustomed to collegiate life. They will attend a weekend trip at Raquette Lake and will be a part of a community in which they will feel welcomed and included in. The Retreat in the fall semester is on August 30- September 1, 2019.
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we encourage you to apply to be a Peer2Peer Mentor. This mentorship program is sponsored by the Multicultural Life and Diversity Office. As a mentor in the Peer2Peer Mentor Program, you will assist first-year students of underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds in navigating and adjusting to the SUNY Cortland campus.
You will have the opportunity to build substantial new relationships by helping students become more accustomed to collegiate life and by creating a community that they feel they are welcomed and included in. As a mentor, you will also get to attend the Annual Diversity Retreat in the Fall semester!
- Must have at least sophomore status (56.5 ch completed) at time of application
- Must have junior status by the start of Fall 2019 semester, when program starts
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must have GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must be able to attend the mandatory retreat in Raquette Lake from Fri., Aug. 30, 2019 to Sun., Sept. 1, 2019
- Must be available and commit to participate for a full academic year (fall and spring); estimated time contributed 20 hours/semester plus weekend retreat
- Mentors will receive one credit each semester. Registering for the 1 credit is not optional
If you are interested please click the link above to apply. The deadline for mentors to apply is Friday, April 15, 2019. Please email or call our office with any questions at Multicultural.firstname.lastname@example.org.