Links FAQ's and Help Files
Individuals new to the process of IRB review at SUNY Cortland are advised to read the Policies and Procedures Manual and seek assistance when questions arise. Online help is available for many topics of interest to SUNY Cortland researchers. Links to those help files appear below.
- General human subjects requirements (HHS-OHRP 45 CFR 46 FAQs)
- Research with children as participants
- Investigator responsibilities
- Questions about informed consent
- Tip sheet on informed consent
- Informed consent checklist
- Protections for college students as research participants
- Protections for co-workers and employees as research participants
- Defining legally effective and prospectively obtained informed consent
- Eliminating exculpatory language in informed consent
- Obtaining consent from subjects who do not speak English
- Program evaluation and other forms of quality improvement activities
- Classifying the level of IRB review (OHRP decision charts)
If you have any further questions, please contact the IRB (email: email@example.com).