Fall 2020 Study Abroad Events:
- Study Abroad 101: Every Wednesday at 3 p.m.
- In-Person in Old Main, Room 220 on 9/2, 9/16, 9/30, 10/14 and 10/28.
- Online on 9/9, 9/23, 10/7, 10/21, 11/4, 1/11 and 11/18. Attend by going to the Remote Advising Room.
- SUNY Virtual Study Abroad Fair: Wednesday, September 9 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Online Information Session on International and Online Health Internships with Child Family Health International (CFHI): View the recorded webinar at https://www.cfhi.org/webinars.
- Going Abroad After College: Graduate Study, Work, and Teaching Abroad: View the recorded event here.
Study Abroad Kickoff Online Information Sessions:
All presentations are virtual and can be attended by going to https://sunycortland.webex.com/meet/ip.webex. Check out the links below for recorded versions of past sessions.
- Monday, September 7:
- Tuesday, September 8:
- Wednesday, September 9:
- Thursday, September 10:
- Friday, September 11:
- Monday, September 14:
- Tuesday, September 15:
- Wednesday, September 16:
- 12:00 p.m. First Year Students - Set Yourself up for Study Abroad Success Microsession (25 Minutes):
New to campus and want to study abroad? Learn how to set up your schedule so you can study abroad during a future summer, winter, or semester.
- 3:00 p.m. Study Abroad 101 Information Session
- 4:00 p.m. St. Aloysius College India Information Session:
Hear more about spring semester study at St. Aloysius College from professors Sharon Steadman and Girish Bhat.
- Thursday, September 17:
- 12:00 p.m. Anti-Racism and Study Abroad: Committee Interest Meeting (30 Minutes):
Join a discussion centered on anti-racism and social justice in the context of study abroad. Explore how study abroad can be an instrument of social justice and equity, as professional international educators address how to infuse anti-racist work within the profession itself. As one outcome of this session, we will establish a student advisory group to focus on anti-racism and equitable access to the transformative benefits of global education.
- 4:00 p.m. Anglia Ruskin University and University of Cumbria U.K. Information Session (28 Minutes):
Learn about options to study for a semester in the U.K.
- 7:00 p.m. Germany and Romania Information Session (32 Minutes):
Discover semester and summer or winter study options at Fulda University in Germany, or semester study at the German Sport University or Babes-Bolyai University in Romania.
- Friday, September 18:
- 12:00 p.m. Internships Abroad Microsession (24 Minutes):
Get insight into an internship that can take you abroad.
- 4:00 p.m. China Information Session (25 Minutes):
Increase your Chinese language skills by studying for a semester at Capital Normal University in Beijing or Qufu Normal University in Qufu, China.
- Monday, September 21:
- Wednesday, September 23:
- Thursday, September 24:
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the International Programs Office at 607-753-2209.