Off-Campus Housing

The Campus Activities and Corey Union Office provides a list of available inspected properties to students as a service to make the transition from on-campus living to off-campus living safer and a little bit easier.  All the properties contained in this housing list have been inspected by a New York State code enforcement inspection agency and found to be in compliance with local and state ordinances as they pertain to multiple residencies. 

Please Note: SUNY Cortland does not inspect, approve or supervise the premises described, and the College does not become a party to private landlord-prospective tenant matters. Information regarding the premises has been provided by the landlord and the College makes no guarantee to its veracity by inclusion of the premises on this list. You are encouraged to learn and understand all of your rights, responsibilities and protections afforded under the law before signing any rental agreement.

The current Off-Campus Housing List can be accessed by opening the following link:

2017- 2018 Off-Campus Housing List (PDF)

It is intended that this listing will be updated on May 1, August 1 and November 1, 2017.
If you want your apartments added to the current list, please have all paperwork into our office at least two weeks prior to the dates listed above.

To access the Off-Campus Housing List in the PDF file, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Attention Landlords:  If you would like your rental properties included on the 2017-2018 Off-Campus Housing List,
we have included the Information Letter and the Housing Registration Listing Sheet below.  

Our office also keeps information about apartments that are available for sub-let from SUNY Cortland students. For students transferring to SUNY Cortland, this is a good option to obtain off-campus housing. If you have questions, would like a printed version of any of the housing lists, or would like to receive information and/or literature regarding moving off campus, please call our office at 607-753-2322 or visit us in Corey Union, Room 406 to get a copy of this list.  

The Campus Activities and Corey Union Office and the Student Government Association (SGA) provide students with information and services to help them meet the unique challenges and opportunities of off-campus living.  Be sure to review our Off-Campus Living booklet. Other free resources available in the office include:

The Student Government Association also puts together an off-campus landlord evaluation survey that serves as a reference for students who are looking to move off-campus.  The survey provides students with information pertaining to off-campus housing conditions, tenant/landlord relations and other valuable so they can make informed decisions about housing in the SUNY Cortland area. Students who are living off-campus are encouraged to complete the Off-Campus Landlord/Housing Evaluation form and return it to the Student Government Association office located on the lobby floor of Corey Union, Room 217.  

For students who have legal questions pertaining to their lease, security deposit or any other issue, the Student Government Association provides SUNY Cortland students a one-time free referral with a local attorney, as an avenue to receive legal guidance to help students with their specific situation.

Students should also refer to the City of Cortland's Code Enforcement Division to learn about the city's "Rental Housing Law" as it pertains to student housing.  The City of Cortland has also published a brochure entitled  "Living Off Campus? Learn Your Rights as a Tenant."   pdf version   word version

Note: In the event students are faced with unsafe living conditions of any kind, they should immediately call the City of Cortland Code Enforcement Office at 607-753-1741 and/or the Cortland County Health Department at 607-753-5306. 

For more information, contact the Campus Activities and Corey Union Office at 607-753-2322.

2017-2018 CALS Lecture Grant Application:    Word      PDF