Opt Out of Receiving Paper Paystubs
As part of the President’s Climate Commitment, it is highly encouraged that you opt out of receiving paper paystubs/direct deposit advices. The New York State Office State Comptroller (OSC) has implemented NYS Payroll Online. This service reduces the amount of paper generated from a biweekly payroll and offers additional services for you to utilize.
This new service allows you to
- Opt out of receiving paper pay stubs/direct deposit advices
- View and print your pay statement
- Change your tax withholdings
- View and print current and prior year W-2s
- Update your email address
Accessing this new service is easy
- Sign into myRedDragon
- Go to the Faculty/Staff tab
- Select HR Services/TAS in the Important Links channel
- Write down/note your NYS ID number (N#) located in the top right corner of the SUNY HR Home Screen – this will be needed to verify your identity in NYS Payroll Online
- Click on the “NYS Payroll Online” icon, located in Self Service box
- Complete and submit the initial verification process with the last 4 digits of your SSN and your NYS Employee ID number (N# from the HR Home screen or on your paystub).
- Click “FINISH” to continue to the NYS Payroll Online Home Page
To Opt out of receiving a paper statement
- Select Update Pay Statement Option and follow the instructions to opt out.
NOTE: if your session expires when you are on the NYS Payroll Online Home Page, you will be directed the NYS log-in. You will NOT be able to get back in using this log-in. You must always access this service through myRedDragon and the HR Services/TAS link
View the NYS Payroll Online Self Service (PDF) for additional information and description of full suite of services offered through NYS Payroll Online. If you have any questions, please call The Payroll Office at 607-753-2405.
Scrap those stubs!