Accounting is responsible for maintaining a current and accurate accounting system in compliance with accounting standards and procedural requirements, and reconciled with external systems.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Revenue accounting, including distributions.
- Chart of accounts and general ledger reporting and maintenance.
- Revenue and disbursement projections.
- Appropriation accounting control, ensuring all transactions are posted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Payroll expenditure distributions through PDME.
- Execution of all intra and inter-agency journaling.
- Various management reports and analyses.
- Continual interaction with campus offices providing expenditure control, clarification, corrections, and guidance.
Executive Assistant to the Business Office