Students who choose to participate in PLTL agree to:
- Attend every weekly PLTL session, arriving on time, and staying for the duration of the workshop
- Arrive prepared, bringing textbooks, notes, pencils and calculators to each workshop
- Work actively and cooperatively within a group
- Take part in new activities with an open mind
- Participate in evaluations of the PLTL program
- Notify the PLTL Team Leader in advance if the student cannot attend a workshop
- Refrain from using laptops, cellphones, or similar devices, or otherwise behave distractingly in workshops
- Recognize that the role of the Team Leader is to facilitate discussion between workshop participants, not supply solutions to problems.
PLTL workshops meet once a week throughout the semester. Two absences are permitted if a student contacts the Team Leader before the workshop. If a student misses more than two workshops, he or she will be asked to leave the group. If a student arrives more than 15 minutes late or leaves the workshop early, he or she will be considered absent for that workshop. These conditions are meant to maintain steady group membership and to promote group dynamics.