Prospective and New Students
Cortland welcomes approximately 840 new transfer students each year to our campus community. We recognize that transferring to a new school can be both exciting and a bit confusing.
Research and planning are essential to a smooth transfer. To start planning your academic transition to SUNY Cortland:
- Review the Transfer Admissions criteria and application process.
- Review all the majors offered at Cortland. Please note that transfer students are typically not permitted to transfer with an undeclared major.
- Use the Transfer Planning Sheets or an Articulation Agreement to plan your coursework at your current college.
- Review Cortland's transfer credit policies and ways to avoid pitfalls in your transfer process.
- Once you have been accepted to Cortland and pay your admissions deposit, follow the New Student Checklist to ensure a smooth transition from housing, to dining, financial aid and more.
We support transfer students and want you to be successful at SUNY Cortland. Check out the Transfer Student Support website for the events, workshops, and resources available.