Transfer Orientation and Advisement sessions occur mid-June through mid-July. Your academic major determines the specific dates available (PDF).
There is limited enrollment for each session based on first-come, first-served.
Sign up to attend
Students who have paid their admissions deposit will be mailed Transfer Orientation and Advisement information beginning in May. You sign up for a specific session through your myRedDragon.
Complete ALL of these steps by June 1.
- Select the Admissions tab in myRedDragon.
- Locate the "Admissions Important Links" box. Select the Orientation tab.
- Select the menu link "New Student Orientation Sign Up."
- Complete all of the required fields.
- Add any family members or guests that will be participating in the program.
- Submit payment for the programs (fees listed below.)
If you need to change your session date after you have signed up online, call our office at 607-753-4727 to see if there is still space available.
The program fee for Transfer Orientation and Advisement is $70. This includes:
- faculty advisement
- your SUNY Cortland Identification Card
- meals and refreshments
Transfer Orientation and Advisement program
SUNY Cortland has programs, policies and procedures that differ from your last institution, and this program gives us the opportunity to explain them to you. All incoming students attend one of our programs. Through the program you will:
- Learn about campus resources
- Learn about your academic major
- Learn about academic and campus policies
- Meet with a faculty advisor
- Set your class schedule
- Meet other new students
- Have fun!
Check-in is at 8:15 a.m. (Directions to SUNY Cortland) The program will end by 4:30 p.m. View a Sample Schedule (PDF).
What to bring
- Your email confirmation
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Unofficial transcripts and information about classes that you may be taking over the summer
- Your questions and concerns
- Energy and a positive attitude
View Frequently asked questions.