Transition Seminars occur the end of June through mid-July. Your academic major determines the specific dates available (PDF).
There is limited enrollment for each session based on first-come, first-served.
Sign up to attend
Students who have paid their admissions deposit will be mailed Transfer Transition Seminar information beginning in May. You sign up for a specific session through your myRedDragon.
Complete ALL of these steps by June 1.
- Select the Admissions tab in myRedDragon.
- Locate the "Admissions Important Links" box. Select the Orientation tab.
- Select the menu link "New Student Orientation Sign Up."
- Complete all of the required fields and select the red button at the bottom.
- Print your email confirmation.
- Complete and return your Transfer Information Sheet, which will be used to assist in course scheduling.
If you need to change your session date after you have signed up online, call our office at 607-753-4727 to see if there is still space available.
The program fee for the Transition Seminar is $70. This includes:
- faculty advisement
- your SUNY Cortland Identification Card
- meals and refreshments
There is an additional $20 fee to stay on campus the night before your session. This includes linens, towel and room for the night.
Transfer Transition Seminar program
SUNY Cortland has programs, policies and procedures that differ from your last institution, and this seminar gives us the opportunity to explain them to you. All incoming students attend one of our programs. Through the Transition Seminar you will:
- Learn about campus resources
- Learn about your academic major
- Learn about academic and campus policies
- Meet with a faculty advisor
- Set your class schedule
- Meet other new students
- Have fun!
What to bring
- Your email confirmation
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Unofficial transcripts and information about classes that you may be taking over the summer
- Your questions and concerns
- Energy and a positive attitude