January Transition Seminar
You must sign up through your myRedDragon account for one of the following three options. (The Transition Seminar Reservation system will be available starting in mid-November.) Session dates are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Option 1: Tuesday, January 7 from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Listed as J1 in myRedDragon
Fee: $40 (includes ID card, publications, staffing and brunch)
January 7 Seminar Schedule (PDF will be posted)::Additional January 7 Program Details (PDF)
There is also a concurrent parent/guest program with a program fee of $10.
NOTE: You must have paid your admissions deposit by December 11, 2013 in order to be invited to attend this date.
Option 2: Monday, January 20 from 1-6 p.m.
Advising and registration at noon on Tuesday, January 21
Listed as J2 in myRedDragon
Fee: $40 (includes ID card, publications, staffing and refreshments)
January 20 Seminar Schedule (PDF will be posted)::Additional January 20 Program Details (PDF)
NOTE: This program is designed for students only. A concurrent parent/guest program is not offered.
Option 3: Tuesday, January 21 at noon
Listed as J3 in myRedDragon
ONLY includes advisement and registration!
There is no program fee for this option.
Making a Reservation
The reservation system will be available starting in mid-November. To complete the Orientation Session Reservation process you must:
1. Logon to myRedDragon and follow these steps:
* Select the Admissions tab
* Select the Orientation tab in the "Admissions Important Links"
* Select the link "New Student Orientation Sign Up"
2. Select the date from the drop down menu that works best for you.
3. Select the number of guests that will be attending with you. (Only available for January 7.)
4. Type the full name of each of your guests.
5. Select the red button at the bottom of the page when all information is complete.
6. Enter your billing information in the appropriate fields on the left. Then select the red button at the bottom of the page to process payment. Your payment total will be $40 plus $10 per parent/guest attending for J1. Your payment total will be $40 if you are attending J2.
7. Print the Orientation Receipt. Bring this with you to your Transition Seminar.
8. Complete your Transfer Information Sheet (included in your mailing materials), which will list all your colleges attended and most recent courses completed, and return to Advisement and Transition.
9. You MUST submit your health forms and immunization requirements to Student Health Service as soon as possible. If you have questions about these forms or the requirements, contact Student Health Service at 607-753-4811.
10. Be sure that you have sent all official transcripts from previous colleges attended or college courses completed during high school as well as all test scores (AP, IB, CLEP) to SUNY Cortland, Admission's Office, P.O. Box 2000, Cortland, NY 13045.
Complete the above steps by December 19, 2013 to attend the January 7 program (J1) or January 10, 2014 to attend the January 20-21 programs (J2 or J3).
The program fee for J1 or J2 (a complete Transition Seminar) is $40 and covers the cost of materials, staffing, your SUNY Cortland Identification Card and refreshments. The parent/guest program fee for J1 is $10 per person and covers the cost of materials and refreshments.
What to expect during the Transfer Transition Seminar (J1/J2)
All incoming students attend one of our programs. Our program is built on providing you with strategies to be successful by helping you make a smooth transition. Through the Transfer Transition program you will:
- Learn about campus resources
- Learn about your transfer credit evaluation
- Learn about academic and campus policies
- Meet with a faculty advisor
- Set your class schedule
- Learn strategies for a great first semester
- Meet other new students
What to bring with you
- Your Transition Seminar reservation confirmation
- Appropriate clothes and shoes for the weather
- Unofficial transcripts for any course work you are currently taking or for which we may not yet have a transcript
- Your completed health forms (if you have not already returned them to Health Services)
- Your questions and concerns