Orientations are designed to ensure a smooth transition to SUNY Cortland by providing you with information and connecting you with resources. There are two options for the August Orientation. You must sign up through your myRedDragon account for one of the following options.
Option 1: Program, Advisement and Registration (highly recommended)
This program is designed to ease your transition to SUNY Cortland. The seminar includes academic planning sessions, valuable information packets, dinner, your student ID card, advisement, and class registration.
NOTE: This program is designed for students only. A concurrent parent/guest program is not offered in August.
Option 2: Advisement and Registration Only
If you cannot participate in the full program, you will register for classes on Friday morning.
To complete the Orientation Session Reservation process you must:
1. Determine which program works best for you. (Option 1 is highly recommended.)
2. Logon to myRedDragon, select the Admissions Tab and then locate the "Admissions Important Links" box. In this box, select the Orientation tab and then select the menu link "New Student Orientation Sign Up".
3. Complete the required fields and select the appropriate Orientation program option. You need to pay the Orientation fee in order to confirm your attendance. (Your payment total will be $40 if you are attending program Option 1.)
4. You will receive an email confirmation to your SUNY Cortland email address.
5. Please note that you MUST submit your health forms and immunity requirements to Student Health Service as soon as possible. If you have questions about these forms or the requirements, please contact Student Health Service at 607-753-4811.
6. Be sure that you have sent all official transcripts from previous colleges attended or college courses completed during high school as well as all test scores (AP, IB, CLEP) to SUNY Cortland, Registrar's Office, P.O. Box 200, Cortland, NY 13045.
Please complete the above steps by August 16, 2017.
The program fee for Option 1 is $40 and covers the cost of materials, staffing, your SUNY Cortland Identification Card and dinner.
All incoming students attend one of our programs. Our program is built on providing you with strategies to be successful by helping you make a smooth transition. Through the Orientation program you will: