The following message is being sent to students on behalf of SUNY Cortland's Division of Student Affairs:
As part of SUNY Cortland’s commitment to protecting the health of both the university and the surrounding community, we are distributing two reusable face coverings to each of our students.
Students living on campus will get the coverings as they move into their residence halls.
Students living off-campus must pick theirs up on campus, either during a drive-through event or at specific walk-up locations during limited times.
Please remember, no one can come on campus, for any reason, without a face covering.
The drive-through process will be similar to that used for food pick-up within many communities. It is hoped that most of SUNY Cortland’s off-campus students will choose to pick up their face coverings this way. Bicyclists and walkers are also welcome to pick up face coverings using the drive-through.
Drive-through face covering distribution will be held in front of the Stadium Complex, by the Red Dragon statue, at the following dates and times:
- Friday, Aug. 28, from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 29, from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 30, from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 31, from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 1, from 1 to 4 p.m.
Procedure to follow:
- All cars enter from Route 281 so no one has to do a U-turn in the middle of the road.
- Cars that do come in from the direction of Park Center should go to the Route 281 parking lot and turn around there.
- Volunteers will be distributing face coverings at that location for three hours each day, so there is no need to line up early and potentially block traffic.
- Pull up to the dragon statue and roll down the car window on the passenger’s side.
- Have SUNY Cortland ID card easily accessible when you pull up.
- One person can pick up face coverings for their house mates as long as they all recipients’ ID cards.
- While one volunteer enters the ID numbers on a laptop, a second volunteer will pull the face coverings and extend them to the student(s) in a plastic bin.
- Students will receive an information sheet providing guidance for fall 2020 off-campus living.
- Make sure you have your SUNY Cortland ID card(s), face coverings, etc. before driving away.
Note: In case of bad weather, the volunteers will be inside the ticket booth of the Carl A. “Chugger” Davis Building.
If they cannot do the drive-through, students may pick up their face coverings in person during set dates and times at the Student Life Center and Corey Union.
Student Life Center
- Starting Monday, Aug. 31 and ending Tuesday, Sept. 8.
- Available whenever the building is open.
- Students living off campus need to show their Cortland ID at the front desk, by the access gates for the fitness facilities.
- Starting Wednesday, Sept. 2 and ending Friday, Sept. 4.
- Also on Monday, Sept. 7 and Tuesday, Sept. 8
- Available from 9:30 a.m. to noon each day
- At the Information Desk in the lobby
- Students living off campus would need to show their Cortland ID.