SUNY Cortland Memorial Library serves as a liaison between the author of the thesis and the bindery. The College maintains a collection of theses written by its students to preserve the scholarship of SUNY Cortland.
2 for the library
1 for the department
1 for the advisor
- For best binding quality, margins should be set at 1.25” and text should be printed on good quality 25% cotton bond, acid free paper.
- All copies should have a signature page which is signed by the advisor, dean and chairman of the department before they are dropped off for binding.
- Each copy needs to be collated in this order:
blank sheet of paper
text of the thesis
- Theses are bound as received. Neither the Library nor the Bindery proofread submissions.
- Each thesis is $19.75 per copy.
- Price is determined by the bindery and is subject to change. To confirm charges, contact the Bindery Clerk (contact information is below).
- Payment by check is due at the time of binding. Make checks payable to SUNY Cortland Memorial Library.
- An author can submit additional copies for personal distribution.
- Theses are bound in black buckram with gold lettering. The title is printed on the front cover and the author’s name appears vertically on the spine.
- Turn-around time: Bindery runs on a 4-week schedule, meaning bindery items are shipped in bulk once every month. Bindery pick-ups can sometimes be postponed. Contact the Bindery Clerk for more detail.
- The Bindery Clerk will notify all authors when theses have been returned from bindery. It is the author’s responsibility to pick up and distribute theses upon return from bindery.
Bindery Clerk Contact information:
Ella M. Dorman, Bindery Clerk