SUNY Cortland Memorial Library serves as a liaison between the author of the thesis and the bindery. The College maintains a collection of theses written by its students to preserve the scholarship of SUNY Cortland.
2 for the library (1 paper and 1 digital copy)
1 for the department
1 for the advisor
- For best binding quality, margins should be set at 1.25” and text should be printed on good quality 25% cotton bond, acid free paper.
- All copies should have a signature page signed by the advisor, dean and chairman of the department before they are dropped off for binding.
- Each copy needs to be collated in this order:
Blank sheet of paper
Text of the thesis
- Theses are bound as received. Neither the Library nor the Bindery proofread submissions.
- Each thesis is $19.75 per copy.
- Price is determined by the bindery and is subject to change.
- Payment by check is due at the time of binding. Make checks payable to SUNY Cortland Memorial Library.
- Submit all copies to the Library.
- An author can submit additional copies for personal distribution. An additional cost will be incurred.
- Theses are bound in black buckram with gold lettering. The title is printed on the front cover and the author’s name appears vertically on the spine.
- Turn-around time: Bindery runs on a 4-week schedule, meaning bindery items are shipped in bulk once every month. Bindery pick-ups can sometimes be postponed.
- The Library will notify all authors when theses have been returned from bindery. It is the author’s responsibility to pick up and distribute theses.
Bindery Contact information: