There are no more available study carrels
Lining the walls of the quiet fourth floor are individual, lockable study carrels. These small rooms allow for studying individually. They may be reserved through the Information Resources Support Center (IRSC) at the front desk of Memorial Library.
- Study carrels may be reserved at no cost on a first-come, first-served basis by students, faculty, and staff of SUNY Cortland.
- Students may reserve a carrel for a semester at a time but may have to share the carrel with one other student. Occupants should establish fair hours of use between themselves.
- Faculty and staff may reserve a study carrel for the entire academic year. Study carrels may be renewed for a maximum of five years.
- There is one daily-use carrel available that may be reserved for a three hour period.
- Library materials to be used in study carrels must be checked out through the IRSC at the front desk of Memorial Library.
- Occupants should refrain from using nails, tape, or otherwise attaching objects to study carrel walls, doors, or windows.
- Study carrel occupants are expected to observe the library hours of operation and vacate the building when the library closes.
- Neither Memorial Library nor SUNY Cortland can be held responsible for personal property left in study carrels.
- After receiving email confirmation that a study carrel has been assigned, the key must be checked out at the front desk of the library. If the occupant does not check out the key within the first 2 weeks of the semester the carrel may be assigned to someone else.
- Keys must be returned or renewed at the end of each borrowing period (semester for students, year for faculty/staff).
- Occupants may not loan their keys or designate reservation of carrel to another faculty, student, or staff.
- If a study carrel key is not returned or renewed a $10.00 fine will be assessed.
- Memorial Library and SUNY Cortland reserve the right to inspect occupied study carrels at any time.