Lining the walls of the quiet fourth floor are individual, lockable study carrels. Please fill out the form below to apply for a carrel.
- Study carrels may be reserved at no cost on a first-come, first-served basis by students, faculty, and staff of SUNY Cortland.
- Students may reserve a carrel for a semester at a time but may have to share the carrel with one other student. Occupants should establish fair hours of use between themselves.
- Faculty and staff may reserve a study carrel for the entire academic year. Study carrels may be renewed for a maximum of five years.
- There is one daily-use carrel available that may be reserved for a three hour period.
- Library materials to be used in study carrels must be checked out through The Help Center at the front desk of Memorial Library.
- Occupants should refrain from using nails, tape, or otherwise attaching objects to study carrel walls, doors, or windows.
- Study carrel occupants are expected to observe the library hours of operation and vacate the building when the library closes.
- Neither Memorial Library nor SUNY Cortland can be held responsible for personal property left in study carrels.
- After receiving email confirmation that a study carrel has been assigned, the key must be checked out at the front desk of the library. If the occupant does not check out the key within the first 2 weeks of the semester the carrel may be assigned to someone else.
- Keys must be returned or renewed at the end of each borrowing period (semester for students, year for faculty/staff).
- Occupants may not loan their keys or designate reservation of carrel to another faculty, student, or staff.
- If a study carrel key is not returned or renewed a $10.00 fine will be assessed.
- Memorial Library and SUNY Cortland reserve the right to inspect occupied study carrels at any time.