Skip to Main Content
Skip to Secondary Navigation
- Periodicals, reference books, special collections materials do not usually circulate out of the library. Exceptions:
- Campus faculty/staff with their Cortland ID card may borrow non-circulating items by special permission of a reference librarian. Ordinarily, items will be loaned for a brief period not exceeding one week. Special loan forms for both reference books and periodicals should be left at the Circulation desk.
- SUNY Cortland students with their Cortland ID card may borrow non-circulating items with special permission of a reference librarian. Items, if needed for a specific class or for slide production, can be signed out for brief periods such as a few hours. Ordinarily such loans should not exceed 2 days. The special loan form should be left at the Circulation desk.
- Community borrowers cannot borrow non-circulating items. Requests, however, shall be referred to the Coordinator of Reference Services who can make an exception for compelling reasons.
- Library faculty & staff may borrow non-circulating items. For in-house circulation, the In-House Loan form should be filled out and left at Periodicals. For circulation out of the library, the appropriate Special Loan form should be filled out and left at Circulation.