Guest Computer Account Policy
The network at SUNY Cortland is available only for current faculty, staff and students of the College. As a courtesy, a limited number of guest accounts are available to support scholarly work.
There are a very limited number of guest accounts available, and very few employees are authorized to create the accounts. The library cannot guarantee that the guest account service will be available during all library hours. It is highly recommended that people unaffiliated with SUNY Cortland seeking to use the Library's network may want to call ahead of their visit. Please contact: 753-2526 or the Access Services Librarian at 753-4009 to ensure the availability of accounts.
- SUNY Cortland guest account users are responsible for understanding the SUNY Cortland Memorial Library Computer and Network Policy, and SUNY Cortland Fair Use Policy.
- The complete Policies are available on line at:
- Memorial Library - http://library.cortland.edu/policies.asp
- Computing Services - http://www.cortland.edu/ir/policies.asp
The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, US Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Users of SUNY Cortland computers, printers, and other equipment assume responsibility for use including possible infringement.
Copyright policies: http://library.cortland.edu/policies/copyright_policy.asp
A SUNY Cortland Memorial Library computer guest account is a short-term Net-ID access account that allows access to the campus network and the internet. A guest account will only be issued to users who are conducting SUNY Cortland scholarly business, but who are not officially on SUNY Cortland's payroll such as: visiting scholars, college sanctioned individuals or groups, sponsored events.
The following guidelines shall apply for issuing these accounts:
- These accounts will only be issued for two (2) hours in length.
- These accounts will only be issued for legitimate scholarly use demonstrated by:
- A current faculty or student ID from a college or university including Empire State or other SUNY colleges
- High school students with a valid high school ID and a copy of the assignment.
- High school faculty with a valid high school ID
Memorial Library is one of the few select areas on campus where these accounts can be created. Please have the necessary identification and assignments available when consulting with staff for these accounts.