Circulating library resources are assigned due dates. Your online library account will accurately reflect these due dates. It is your responsibility to adhere to all due dates and recalls. If extensions are required, renewals can be processed via your online library account or can be requested in-person by visiting The Help Center front desk or calling 607-753-2500. There are no extensions on recalls.
Once fines accrue, borrowing privileges are suspended until all fines are paid. SUNY Cortland students will be placed on the Stop List when fines reach a total of $10.00 or more and/or any books have not been returned. Stop List prevents students from registering for courses, receiving diplomas, or requesting transcripts.
Overdue and recalled items are subject to the following fine structure:
Books, Current Interest, TMC Materials, Recreational Reading
(21 day loan with 2 renewals, unless recalled)
- 25¢ per day, per item $5 maximum charge per item.
(3 hour loan with 1 renewal)
- $5.00 per hour. $25 Maximum charge
(2 hour/2-day loan)
- $1 an hour per item. $10 maximum charge per item. Unauthorized overnight use, $5 plus hourly fine.
Cameras and Accessories
(7 day loan and NO RENEWALS)
- $5.00 per day, per item to a maximum of $25.00 per item.
Audio cassette players
(7 day loan)
- $1 per day. $10 maximum per item.
Recall charges for all users
- $1 per item per day. $25 maximum per item.
Charges for Lost/Damaged Materials
- Replacement costs are determined by the The Help Center staff in consultation with Bibliographic Services (607-753-2500).
- Replacements are subject to a non-refundable processing fee of $15 per item.
- If a book is found and returned in usable condition within one year of the date paid, the user will only be reimbursed for the cost of the book.
- Replacement cost (or $75 if out of print) plus non-refundable processing fee of $25 per item
- Replacement cost plus non-refundable processing fee of $25 per item.
- Cost of replacing damaged part(s) plus non-refundable processing fee of $25 per item
Carrel Room Key
Schedule of notices to SUNY Cortland Faculty/Students/Staff and Community Borrowers:
- 1st notice -- courtesy reminder notice sent three days prior to due date
- 2nd notice -- day after book due
- 3rd notice -- 7 days after 1st notice
- 4th Notice/BILL -- 7 days after 3rd notice; this is a BILL for replacement costs
Faculty/staff are not currently charged overdue fines, but are responsible for replacement costs of lost or damaged materials.