Submit Your Emergency Contact Information
The SUNY NY-Alert system is designed to alert you in cases where your personal safety may be at risk. It is critical that you provide the system with your email address and cell phone number for text messaging. This personal information will only be used within the SUNY-NY-Alert system.
We strongly encourage your participation.
- Log into myRedDragon
- Go to the Student Tab
- Select Main Menu (under the Registrar Channel)
- If this is your 1st time in BannerWeb you should be directed to the “Emergency Alert Notification” registration survey page
- If not, you can enroll or modify your enrollment by selecting the “Personal Information” tab
- Select “SUNY NY-Alert Enrollment”
- Check “Emergency Alert Notification” a. click CONTINUE
- Select “I would like to register for this service now and receive any alerts sent to the campus community” a. click CONTINUE
- Check the email address(es) you would like SUNY NY-Alert messages sent to a. click CONTINUE
- Edit or add email addresses and select the format you wish your emails to be received a. click CONTINUE
- If you have a cell plan with text messaging, under the “Text Messaging” area enter your cell phone number and select your network (ex. AT&T, Verizon, …) a. click CONTINUE
- Review your contact information, if all is correct a. Click REGISTER ME WITH NY-ALERT
- You have successfully register with us for SUNY NY-Alert
Log into myRedDragon
Select the Faculty/Staff Tab
Select the SUNY Portal Login link
Select “SUNY Emergency Contact System” under Important Information
A SUNY Emergency Alert page will appear. Enter your appropriate contact information, then choose submit. If all the fields have been correctly filled, you will be able to select confirm and logoff.
We ask that you supply at least a single point of contact – an e-mail address or a phone number. If you choose to supply multiple points of contact, it greatly increases our chances of reaching you in the event of an emergency. Please do not supply a text-messaging number if your carrier is not listed on the menu. NY-Alert is working hard to expand its services to other carriers and we will have regular updates to the system.
Messaging and/or data charges from your carrier may apply to these messages.
Parents may receive New York Alert messages through the student sign up. If you are a parent or family member and would like to receive the alerts, have your student add your cell and/or e-mail information to his or her account.