Physical Education Leadership
Online M.S.Ed. Program
Become a Leader in School Physical Education
If you are teaching physical education now, or if you have completed a bachelor’s degree with teaching certification in physical education, you may aspire to pursue a leadership position in your school or district. A leadership position gives you the opportunity to advance your school’s goals for physical literacy, improving fitness, promoting excellent health, and building competitive athletic teams within your student body.
Our graduate program in physical education leadership provides the skills you need to develop curriculum and track the effectiveness of your school’s teachers and programming. You will learn to improve current programs and move them forward within a school district, make the case for additional resources, and even work to advance legislation that can enhance physical education throughout the state.
- Completed online Graduate School Application -Apply Now
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended to be forwarded directly to the SUNY Cortland Graduate Admissions Office
Note: candidates for admission must present evidence of bachelor's degree conferral prior to the start of their academic program.
- A resume, which must include the contact information for three references. One of those contacts must be a public school employee (submitted online with the application)
- Letter of application indicating why you are interested in the program (submitted online with the application)
- Documentation of initial certification in physical education within six months of starting classes.
- New York State mandates that all SUNY teacher preparation programs adopt college entrance assessments for admissions consideration. Effective August 31, 2015 - anyone submitting an application for admission is required to submit scores for either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.