Skip to Main Content
Skip to Secondary Navigation
Ceremony Information for Guests
Prior to the Ceremony
- If you requested Guest Assistance, be sure to check your e-mail for a confirmation and further instructions regarding parking and/or seating.
- Tickets are required for admission into the Arena. Make sure to get all guest tickets from your student. Guests without a ticket will be allowed to view the ceremonies from our overflow seating locations.
- Make a plan with your graduate about where to meet after the ceremony.
- Wear comfortable shoes. The ceremony is held in Alumni Arena (ice arena). Half of the seating available is in bleachers and moving up and down the bleachers may be necessary.
- For Ceremony B (2:30 p.m.) students and guests, attend the Reception prior to the ceremony. As a reminder, there is only one reception for ALL undergraduate students, regardless of the ceremony time.
Arriving on Campus at the Park Center
- Parking is available in the lots surrounding the Park Center. University Police will be on site to direct traffic and assist with parking.
- There will be two entrances for the ceremony, one located on the main level of the Park Center and one upstairs near Poolside. Elderly guests and others who should not be going down bleacher steps should avoid the upstairs entrance. Students will report the Gymnasium upstairs. Ushers will be available throughout the Park Center to direct guests to the appropriate locations.
- Programs will be distributed at the entrance when you provide your ticket to the ceremony. Programs will be available for guests in overflow seating locations.
Seating in Park Center Alumni Arena
- All seating is general admission; available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Seating is available in chairs on the floor and in bleachers around the Arena. All guests must be seated for the ceremony.
- There are some reserved seating areas. In general, any seat that has a program on it is reserved for faculty, staff or students. Mobility impaired seating is in a designated area. Guests will receive a special pass for these seats.
- Children under the age of 5 do not require a ticket.
- The processional will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m. or 2:30 p.m. Students will enter the Arena through the main floor entrance and follow the aisle to the back of the Arena and up through the center aisle. Please stand when the processional begins and keep all aisles clear of people and belongings.
- Each student will have his/her name read and photographs will be taken of them crossing the stage.
After the Ceremony
- Please remain standing for the recessional. The platform party, faculty and students will all exit the Arena.
- Meet your graduate in the designated locations. Generally, students will be escorted by the Student Line Marshals to the Gymnasium, unless otherwise instructed at their rehearsal on Friday.
- Photography backdrops will be available in the Gymnasium throughout the day and in Lusk Field House during the Reception. There are several locations around campus that make for great photograph backdrops as well. Our Physical Plant staff does a tremendous job preparing the campus for Commencement Weekend.