When you major in one of our recreation programs, you follow in the footsteps of a long line of leaders in the field.
Our faculty are highly respected teachers and scholars who will give you the personal attention you need to succeed. You’ll have the opportunity to do internships and fieldwork in parks, hospitals, recreation departments and other settings in the U.S. and abroad.
Our definition of “classroom” is extremely broad — you can get academic credit for kayaking, backpacking, rock climbing and other outdoor adventures.
Cortland has the longest-running and most comprehensive recreation program in New York and is one of only three U.S. colleges with national accreditation in all four of its recreation majors.
Our alumni network of accomplished professionals, combined with your Cortland degree, will put you on the path to a rewarding career.
The 64th Annual Cortland Recreation Conference
November 6 and 7, 2014
- Study Abroad Fair Set for Oct. 1 in Corey Union August 19, 2014
- Tai Chi Master Plans Demonstration, Workshop August 19, 2014
- Brother Stays True to Kappa Until the End August 15, 2014
- Feel the Pulse of Red Dragon Pride at the State Fair August 15, 2014
- Share Your Good News, Class Notes Submissions Online August 15, 2014
- Environmental and Outdoor Education Minor [EOE]
- Outdoor Recreation [OREC]
- Recreation [REC]
- Recreation Management [RMGT]
- Recreation: Concentration in Leisure/Recreation Program Delivery [REC/LRPD]
- Therapeutic Recreation [TR]
Rho Phi Lambda Honor Society, An Honorary Fraternity for Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Services
SCRA is Cortland's recreation major's club.Read More About Recreation, Parks and Leisure Studies Department Clubs