How do people perceive the world? What motivates them? How do children learn? What makes us angry, or sad, or happy or depressed? How does the brain work?
These are just some of the questions you'll be able to explore in SUNY Cortland’s Psychology Department. And as you explore, you’ll benefit from far-ranging faculty expertise, innovative teaching and leading-edge technological resources.
Choose areas of study that interest you. Learn from a multitalented faculty who are experts in educational psychology, personality/social, abnormal psychology, learning, cognition, emotion, neuroscience, psychopharmacology and psychology of the exceptional child.
Practice the methods of psychology in such real-world settings as schools, counseling centers, or social service agencies. Add depth to your learning by conducting research in Cortland's first-rate laboratories.
A Cortland psychology degree can lay the groundwork for graduate school in psychology, education or social work; for law school or medical school; and for careers in research, applied psychology, counseling and a variety of other fields.
Transfer Course Planning
- Six Appeal to Offer A Cappella Concert Feb. 27 February 09, 2015
- “Beauty and the Beast” Athletic Event to Premiere February 06, 2015
- Concerned Students Plan Columbus “Teach-In” February 05, 2015
- Panel Explores Cross-Cultural Communication February 04, 2015
- ‘Wellness’ Series Offered to Campus, Community February 03, 2015
- College Celebrates 25 Years of Disabilities Act January 27, 2015
- Sophomore Wins National Gilman Scholarship January 27, 2015
- Motivational 'Diva' to Perform Feb. 5 January 27, 2015
- Senior Shines at National Health Conference January 27, 2015
- Students Expand Latino Fraternity Options January 27, 2015
- GE referendum ends Feb. 3 January 27, 2015
- SAB Announces Country Music Show January 26, 2015
- Carnegie Recognizes Community Engagement January 26, 2015
- History Program Calls Teachers to the Wild January 23, 2015
- Opening Considers Hot Topics in Higher Ed January 23, 2015