The PSM in Sustainable Energy Systems will prepare graduates to contribute first hand to the creation, development, and expansion of local businesses or non-profits focused on renewable energy, building performance, and sustainable engineering as well as for jobs in government agencies promoting the expansion of sustainable energy. The program’s mixture of courses focusing on fundamental and applied science as well as those focusing on the professional skills needed to tackle the practical, real-world problems encountered in the fast growing and critically important fields of sustainable energy will make graduates highly desirable to regional businesses and organizations and will empower them to help promote the development of high-paying Green Collar jobs throughout Central New York.
Typical career paths that the PSM in Sustainable Energy Systems will empower students to pursue include:
- Designer of renewable energy systems such as solar photovoltatic, solar thermal, and geothermal heat pumps at the residential and light commercial scale.
- Building performance specialist focusing on the movement of heat through the built environment at the residential or commercial scale.
- Renewable energy specialist within a larger sustainable engineering firm
- Technical expert for non-profit organizations working to promote the development and expansion of renewable and sustainable energy systems.
- Technical expert for government agencies over seeing local, state, or federal efforts to incentivize and promote the adoption of renewable energy or energy efficiency technologies at the residential and commercial scales.