Cultivate the capacities and appetite for self-expression and reflection, for debate and exchange of ideas, for reflecting on and puzzling over problems of living, being human and being part of a community. With our unique program in social philosophy — one of the only two in the SUNY system, you will graduate with distinctive skills that employers desire from a college graduate.
- Government and Public Service
- Social Advocacy and Activism
- Human Services
What Will I Learn?
- How to think critically, solve problems, articulate ideas and read and write effectively.
- Preparation for the tasks of citizenship, participation in political and community affairs and for responsible and intelligent engagement in public life.
- One of only two majors in social philosophy in the SUNY system
- Close interaction with faculty
- Prepares you to explore options for graduate study
- Center for Ethics, Peace and Social Justice
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities such as internships, study abroad, and independent work with teachers.
Student Government Association