Theatre Minor [THT] (Minor)
Performing Arts Department
Dowd Fine Arts Center, Room 216
Note: This is a self-supporting minor and is not directly associated with the musical theatre major.
SUNY Cortland's theatre program offers a solid foundation for students interested in theatre as a career or as broadening college experience. In exploring the theoretical and practical aspects of theatre, students can obtain experience in the mounting of major stage productions as well as in smaller, more innovative theatre activities. Acting, directing, technical theatre, arts management, musical theatre, theatre history and criticism are areas that students can examine.
- Theatre technician
- Arts manager
- THT 100 - Introduction To Theatre Arts (3 cr. hr.)
- THT 120 - Acting I (3 cr. hr.)
- THT 220 - Acting II (3 cr. hr.) and
- THT 240 - Technical Theatre I (3 cr. hr.)
- THT 341 - Technical Theatre II (3 cr. hr.)
- THT 161 - Theatre History I (3 cr. hr.)
- THT 162 - Theatre History II (3 cr. hr.)
- THT 330 - Literature in Performance (3 cr. hr.)
- THT 470 - Theatre Management (3 cr. hr.)