Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- Student Climber Rescues Trapped Dog March 23, 2015
- Campus Celebrates Student Life Center Opening March 18, 2015
- Alumnus to Lead Southeastern Conference March 13, 2015
- Students Plan One ‘Big Event’ for Service March 10, 2015
- Diversity Conference Planned for March 28 March 10, 2015
- Students Bring Leadership Society to Campus March 10, 2015
- Student Life Center Ribbon to Be Cut March 10, 2015
- Woods Tea Co. to Perform March 28 March 09, 2015
- Students Offer Free Tax Prep Services March 09, 2015
- Physical Education Student Teachers Honored March 06, 2015
- Women’s History Month Theme is ‘Weaving’ March 06, 2015
- College Creates Online Physical Education Degree March 04, 2015
- Nominations Sought for Civic Engagement Awards March 02, 2015
- College Lands Big Sean for Spring Fling February 25, 2015
- Sports Info Director Earns National Honors February 24, 2015