Geographic Information Systems [GIS]
Prepare to strategically solve real-world problems and come up with cutting-edge solutions through a combination of technology and business skills. You’ll learn the nature of geographic data while recognizing the appropriate applications of GIS technology to solve spatial issues.
- Environmental GIS specialist
- Land use planner
- Marketing and business geographics consultant
- Law enforcement analyst
- Transportation planner
- Emergency response planner
What Will I Learn?
You will receive computer training in
- digital processing of remote sensing observations and cartographic vector data.
- spatial analysis.
- the display of information products in ENVY and GIS software.
The curriculum will provide you with the necessary background to use remote sensing in various fields such as
- military analysis and intelligence.
- environmental monitoring.
- disaster assessments.
- law enforcement and other related fields.
- Advanced Geospatial Applications
- Computer Techniques
- Demographics and Business Geographics
- Environmental Science
- High-tech training in a friendly, supportive environment
- Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) authorized learning center with 25 GIS workstations – learn advanced applications including network and 3D modeling applications
- Global Positioning System (GPS) – master field survey techniques using the lab GPS base station and handheld units.
- Student-faculty research opportunities
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with these opportunities:
- Internships with local, state and federal agencies
- Study abroad options at locations such as the Australia Zoo