Welcome to the site of the Writing Resource Center. When you click on the links under Faculty and Writing Across the Curriculum, you will find information about the College Writing Committee, a downloadable version of the faculty handbook for composition instructors, and bountiful resources for teaching writing including
- An online manual for teaching writing across the curriculum
- Information about Writing Intensive Courses, including the Request Form for WI Designation
- Suggestions for providing writing support and tutoring for your students, including referral forms for the Academic Support and Achievement Program (ASAP)
- Tips for preventing and detecting plagiarism
- A list of useful Websites for teaching writing
- An invitation to join the Faculty Writing Group
There is also a link to the SUNY Cortland Seven Valleys Writing Project, a National Writing Project site.
I hope the Writing Resource Center helps you with writing assignments and answers your questions about writing. I am always looking for ways to improve the site, so please send me your feedback. The Writing Resource Center is published by the SUNY Cortland English Department.
If you have questions or comments about the site, please contact:
Mary Lynch Kennedy
Distinguished Teaching Professor
Campus Writing Coordinator
Old Main, Room 115-B
Phone: (607) 753-2086