The SUNY Cortland Educational Leadership Program prepares educational leaders by integrating theory and practice to develop schools and other learning communities effectively.
The program of study in educational leadership is designed to satisfy the requirements of The Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration (C.A.S.). This is a degree provided by SUNY Cortland to students who complete an approved graduate course of study. Completion of the program also permits SUNY Cortland to recommend students to the New York State Education Department for various educational leadership certifications.
The Educational Leadership Program has four tracks. The first would typically be applied for by students who hold permanent or professional teaching certification in New York and are interested in becoming a certified school building leader (SBL). The second track is similar to the first but leads to certification as a school district leader (SDL). Most students enroll in a dual program (see fourth track below) that leads to both the SBL and SDL certifications. The third track leading to a school district business leader certification (SDBL) does not require teacher certification but does require a master's degree prior to admission. The fourth track leads to certification as both a school building leader (SBL) and a school district leader (SDL). The EDL faculty recommends that students working toward the SBL certification also earn the SDL certification so they can assume leadership positions at both the building and district levels.
There are no events available. Please check for further updates.
- College Teams Finish Strong at Corporate Challenge July 22, 2014
- Jets’ Downtown Touchdown Set for Wednesday July 21, 2014
- Jets Camp Not Just for Football Fans July 18, 2014
- Alum to Perform on David Letterman Show July 09, 2014
- Alumni Reunion Set for July 11 to 13 July 01, 2014
- College Names Director of Student Conduct July 01, 2014
- College Transitions to New Electronic Mail System July 01, 2014
- Jets to Land in Cortland July 23 June 30, 2014
- Clinically Rich Approach Earns High Praise June 27, 2014
- Sorority’s Spirit Lives On, Decades After Fire June 27, 2014
- Eight Earn Chancellor’s Scholar-Athlete Awards June 18, 2014
- Marie Ponterio Honored by French Government June 10, 2014
- C-Club Hall of Fame to Induct Seven Members June 10, 2014
- Cortland 23rd in Final Directors' Cup Standings June 10, 2014
- Joe Cardarelli Named Men's Ice Hockey Head Coach June 10, 2014