The SUNY Cortland Educational Leadership Program prepares educational leaders by integrating theory and practice to develop schools and other learning communities effectively.
The program of study in educational leadership is designed to satisfy the requirements of The Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration (C.A.S.). This is a degree provided by SUNY Cortland to students who complete an approved graduate course of study. Completion of the program also permits SUNY Cortland to recommend students to the New York State Education Department for various educational leadership certifications.
The Educational Leadership Program has four tracks. The first would typically be applied for by students who hold permanent or professional teaching certification in New York and are interested in becoming a certified school building leader (SBL). The second track is similar to the first but leads to certification as a school district leader (SDL). Most students enroll in a dual program (see fourth track below) that leads to both the SBL and SDL certifications. The third track leading to a school district business leader certification (SDBL) does not require teacher certification but does require a master's degree prior to admission. The fourth track leads to certification as both a school building leader (SBL) and a school district leader (SDL). The EDL faculty recommends that students working toward the SBL certification also earn the SDL certification so they can assume leadership positions at both the building and district levels.
There are no events available. Please check for further updates.
- College Celebrates Non-Traditional Students November 04, 2014
- College Hosts Assessment of Teacher Certification November 04, 2014
- Cemetery Project Renews Town-Gown Ties November 04, 2014
- ‘Freedom Writers’ Inspiration to Speak November 04, 2014
- Panel to Discuss Ebola Issues Nov. 13 November 04, 2014
- Second Fall Open House Set for Nov. 11 November 04, 2014
- Four Commencement Ceremonies Planned in 2015 November 04, 2014
- Climate Change in Africa to be Discussed November 04, 2014
- Take Back Cortaca Events Finalized November 04, 2014
- Recreation Conference Set for Nov. 6 and 7 November 03, 2014
- Diverse Outlook Among Future Educators is Topic November 03, 2014
- Alumna Makes Her Second $1 Million College Gift October 31, 2014
- Voices Sought for Inequality Discussion October 30, 2014
- Top Southeastern Conference Official to Speak October 28, 2014
- Belize Zoo Visitors Offer Oct. 28 Talk October 28, 2014