The SUNY Cortland Educational Leadership Program prepares educational leaders by integrating theory and practice to develop schools and other learning communities effectively.
The program of study in educational leadership is designed to satisfy the requirements of The Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration (C.A.S.). This is a degree provided by SUNY Cortland to students who complete an approved graduate course of study. Completion of the program also permits SUNY Cortland to recommend students to the New York State Education Department for various educational leadership certifications.
The Educational Leadership Program has four tracks. The first would typically be applied for by students who hold permanent or professional teaching certification in New York and are interested in becoming a certified school building leader (SBL). The second track is similar to the first but leads to certification as a school district leader (SDL). Most students enroll in a dual program (see fourth track below) that leads to both the SBL and SDL certifications. The third track leading to a school district business leader certification (SDBL) does not require teacher certification but does require a master's degree prior to admission. The fourth track leads to certification as both a school building leader (SBL) and a school district leader (SDL). The EDL faculty recommends that students working toward the SBL certification also earn the SDL certification so they can assume leadership positions at both the building and district levels.
There are no events available. Please check for further updates.
- Fritz Named Interim Director of the Child Care Center October 07, 2014
- Akshara to Perform Indian Percussive Sound Oct. 12 October 02, 2014
- Open House to Showcase Campus Oct. 13 September 30, 2014
- Midterm Elections Are Roundtable Topic Oct. 16 September 29, 2014
- Post WW II Film Series ‘Rubble’ Continues September 25, 2014
- Panel Explores Miscommunication across Cultures September 25, 2014
- Life-Saving Wins Pile Up for Football Team September 25, 2014
- Hawaiian Birds Are Lecture Topic Sept. 30 September 23, 2014
- ‘Brigadoon’ Returns to Dowd Center Oct. 24 September 23, 2014
- Professor Invited to White House Summit September 23, 2014
- Parks Alumni House Celebrates First Decade September 23, 2014
- Kelly Lickert-Orr Named Women's Lacrosse Head Coach September 23, 2014
- Mosaic Dance Theater Company to Perform Sept. 29 September 23, 2014
- Robert C. Howe Honored for Community Service September 19, 2014
- SUNY Cortland Wins Energy Innovation Awards September 19, 2014