The SUNY Cortland Educational Leadership Program prepares educational leaders by integrating theory and practice to develop schools and other learning communities effectively.
The program of study in educational leadership is designed to satisfy the requirements of The Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration (C.A.S.). This is a degree provided by SUNY Cortland to students who complete an approved graduate course of study. Completion of the program also permits SUNY Cortland to recommend students to the New York State Education Department for various educational leadership certifications.
The Educational Leadership Program has four tracks. The first would typically be applied for by students who hold permanent or professional teaching certification in New York and are interested in becoming a certified school building leader (SBL). The second track is similar to the first but leads to certification as a school district leader (SDL). Most students enroll in a dual program (see fourth track below) that leads to both the SBL and SDL certifications. The third track leading to a school district business leader certification (SDBL) does not require teacher certification but does require a master's degree prior to admission. The fourth track leads to certification as both a school building leader (SBL) and a school district leader (SDL). The EDL faculty recommends that students working toward the SBL certification also earn the SDL certification so they can assume leadership positions at both the building and district levels.
There are no events available. Please check for further updates.
- From Undergrad to Owner: Young Grad Starts ABA Team October 17, 2014
- Professor Boosts Barduhn/EMS Award October 17, 2014
- Halloween Coming to Parks Alumni House October 16, 2014
- College SCEMS Club Engages the Community October 09, 2014
- Indian Orphanages to Benefit from College's Award October 09, 2014
- Geology Club Joins River Cleanup October 09, 2014
- College and Community Prepare for Cortaca Jug October 09, 2014
- Anne Hendrixson to Speak Oct. 15 October 08, 2014
- SEFA Appeal 2014-15 Launches Soon October 07, 2014
- Trick or Treating: SUNY Cortland Style October 07, 2014
- Newswanger to Direct Physical Plant October 07, 2014
- Avery Serves as Interim VP for Institutional Advancement October 07, 2014
- Fritz Named Interim Director of the Child Care Center October 07, 2014
- Akshara to Perform Indian Percussive Sound Oct. 12 October 02, 2014
- Open House to Showcase Campus Oct. 13 September 30, 2014