The SUNY Cortland Educational Leadership Program prepares educational leaders by integrating theory and practice to develop schools and other learning communities effectively.
The program of study in educational leadership is designed to satisfy the requirements of The Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration (C.A.S.). This is a degree provided by SUNY Cortland to students who complete an approved graduate course of study. Completion of the program also permits SUNY Cortland to recommend students to the New York State Education Department for various educational leadership certifications.
The Educational Leadership Program has four tracks. The first would typically be applied for by students who hold permanent or professional teaching certification in New York and are interested in becoming a certified school building leader (SBL). The second track is similar to the first but leads to certification as a school district leader (SDL). Most students enroll in a dual program (see fourth track below) that leads to both the SBL and SDL certifications. The third track leading to a school district business leader certification (SDBL) does not require teacher certification but does require a master's degree prior to admission. The fourth track leads to certification as both a school building leader (SBL) and a school district leader (SDL). The EDL faculty recommends that students working toward the SBL certification also earn the SDL certification so they can assume leadership positions at both the building and district levels.
There are no events available. Please check for further updates.
- Monday Marks Super Bowl Raffle Deadline December 19, 2014
- College Again Wins Civic Engagement Distinction December 15, 2014
- Jets Camp Brings $4.6 Million to County December 09, 2014
- Pamela Schroeder Honored for Service December 05, 2014
- The Bistro Off Broadway to Open on Jan. 23 December 02, 2014
- College Plans Spring Semester Construction December 02, 2014
- ‘The Nutcracker Ballet’ Returns to Dowd Theater December 02, 2014
- Student Life Center Construction Resumes December 02, 2014
- Ribbon Fundraiser Promotes AIDS Awareness November 24, 2014
- College Boosts CROP Hunger Walk Success November 21, 2014
- Video Connects Exercise Scientists to Olympics November 20, 2014
- Theta Phi Nears 50-Year Adirondack Tradition November 19, 2014
- Raffle Offers Super-Sized Stocking Stuffer November 18, 2014
- Diplomat of Romania will Discuss Experiences November 18, 2014
- Student Club Added: Cortland Ice Girls November 18, 2014