The SUNY Cortland Educational Leadership Program prepares educational leaders by integrating theory and practice to develop schools and other learning communities effectively.
The program of study in educational leadership is designed to satisfy the requirements of The Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration (C.A.S.). This is a degree provided by SUNY Cortland to students who complete an approved graduate course of study. Completion of the program also permits SUNY Cortland to recommend students to the New York State Education Department for various educational leadership certifications.
The Educational Leadership Program has four tracks. The first would typically be applied for by students who hold permanent or professional teaching certification in New York and are interested in becoming a certified school building leader (SBL). The second track is similar to the first but leads to certification as a school district leader (SDL). Most students enroll in a dual program (see fourth track below) that leads to both the SBL and SDL certifications. The third track leading to a school district business leader certification (SDBL) does not require teacher certification but does require a master's degree prior to admission. The fourth track leads to certification as both a school building leader (SBL) and a school district leader (SDL). The EDL faculty recommends that students working toward the SBL certification also earn the SDL certification so they can assume leadership positions at both the building and district levels.
There are no events available. Please check for further updates.
- College Boosts CROP Hunger Walk Success November 21, 2014
- Video Connects Exercise Scientists to Olympics November 20, 2014
- Theta Phi Nears 50-Year Adirondack Tradition November 19, 2014
- Raffle Offers Shot at Football’s Biggest Game November 18, 2014
- Diplomat of Romania will Discuss Experiences November 18, 2014
- Student Club Added: Cortland Ice Girls November 18, 2014
- Handel’s ‘Messiah’ Concerts Set for Dec. 5 and 7 November 18, 2014
- Local Bagel Business Booms for Young Grad November 18, 2014
- ‘The Third Man’ Continues 'Rubble' Film Series November 17, 2014
- Chancellor Launches Education Innovation Center at Cortland November 14, 2014
- Advocate for Colombians Speaks Nov. 19 November 14, 2014
- College Singers to Offer 'Night Life' Music November 14, 2014
- College Boasts Pair of Cortaca Victories November 13, 2014
- School Districts Covet Alum’s Training November 12, 2014
- Student, Coach to Speak on Veterans Day November 11, 2014