The SUNY Cortland Educational Leadership Program prepares educational leaders by integrating theory and practice to develop schools and other learning communities effectively.
The program of study in educational leadership is designed to satisfy the requirements of The Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration (C.A.S.). This is a degree provided by SUNY Cortland to students who complete an approved graduate course of study. Completion of the program also permits SUNY Cortland to recommend students to the New York State Education Department for various educational leadership certifications.
The Educational Leadership Program has four tracks. The first would typically be applied for by students who hold permanent or professional teaching certification in New York and are interested in becoming a certified school building leader (SBL). The second track is similar to the first but leads to certification as a school district leader (SDL). Most students enroll in a dual program (see fourth track below) that leads to both the SBL and SDL certifications. The third track leading to a school district business leader certification (SDBL) does not require teacher certification but does require a master's degree prior to admission. The fourth track leads to certification as both a school building leader (SBL) and a school district leader (SDL). The EDL faculty recommends that students working toward the SBL certification also earn the SDL certification so they can assume leadership positions at both the building and district levels.
There are no events available. Please check for further updates.
- Voices Sought for Inequality Discussion October 30, 2014
- Top Southeastern Conference Official to Speak October 28, 2014
- Belize Zoo Visitors Offer Oct. 28 Talk October 28, 2014
- ‘Brigadoon’ Returns to Dowd Center Oct. 24 October 24, 2014
- Cortaca Ticket Information Announced October 22, 2014
- Recreation Conference Set for Nov. 6 and 7 October 21, 2014
- Motivational Speaker to Discuss College Success October 21, 2014
- New Exhibition Brings International Appeal October 21, 2014
- Biologist Joins Space-age Science Venture October 21, 2014
- Cortaca Battle is Out for Blood Donations October 21, 2014
- Barry Earns Lifetime Achievement Award October 21, 2014
- Diverse Outlook Among Future Educators is Topic October 21, 2014
- College Plans 29th African American Gospel Music Festival October 21, 2014
- Daniel Dryja ’04 Named Supervisor of Grounds Department October 21, 2014
- College Joins Annual March to End Hunger October 20, 2014