A comprehensive curriculum, distinctive learning opportunities and an accomplished dedicated faculty are among the many reasons for studying business economics or economics at SUNY Cortland.
Our business economics program offers course work typical of a traditional business administration major, but with a much stronger foundation in economic theory and applied economics. You’ll be able to explore international trade and finance, economic development, money and banking, or environmental economics, plus interesting and timely topics related to government spending, globalization and the importance of politics and our economy.
Your classroom learning will be integrated with internships and other real-world experiences. You’ll also have opportunities to do research with faculty, such as examining the economic impact of the New York Jets summer training camp on Cortland County.
A Cortland economics degree offers ideal preparation for graduate or law school, or for a successful career in business, management, investing or public policy.
SUNY Cortland has a significant impact on the local economy. The Economics Department compiled the following reports.
- Economic Impact Study 2012 (PDF)
- Economic Impact Study 2008 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2013 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2012 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2010 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2009 (PDF)
- College Celebrates Non-Traditional Students November 04, 2014
- College Hosts Assessment of Teacher Certification November 04, 2014
- Cemetery Project Renews Town-Gown Ties November 04, 2014
- ‘Freedom Writers’ Inspiration to Speak November 04, 2014
- Panel to Discuss Ebola Issues Nov. 13 November 04, 2014
- Second Fall Open House Set for Nov. 11 November 04, 2014
- Four Commencement Ceremonies Planned in 2015 November 04, 2014
- Climate Change in Africa to be Discussed November 04, 2014
- Take Back Cortaca Events Finalized November 04, 2014
- Recreation Conference Set for Nov. 6 and 7 November 03, 2014
- Diverse Outlook Among Future Educators is Topic November 03, 2014
- Alumna Makes Her Second $1 Million College Gift October 31, 2014
- Voices Sought for Inequality Discussion October 30, 2014
- Top Southeastern Conference Official to Speak October 28, 2014
- Belize Zoo Visitors Offer Oct. 28 Talk October 28, 2014
- Business Economics [BUSE]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Environmental Management [BUSE/ENMG]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Financial Management [BUSE/FMGT ]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Human Resource Management [BUSE/HRM]
- Business Economics: Concentration in International Business and Economics [BUSE/IBE]
- Dual Major in Adolescence Education: Social Studies and Economics (7-12) [SST and ECO]
- Economics [ECO]
- Economics Minor [ECO]
- Economics: Concentration in International Political Economy and Public Policy [ECO/IPEP]
- Management Minor [MGT]
- Political Economy and Public Policy Minor [PEPP]