Communication Studies [COM] (Major)
The communication studies major emphasizes critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills. Core courses provide students with a strong foundation in all aspects of human communication. Elective courses within the major allow students to design a program of study that meets their personal learning objectives and career goals.
- Audio and video production
- Public relations
A. Required Core Courses: 24 credit hours
- COM 100 - Human Communication (3 cr. hr.)
- COM 200 - Communication History (3 cr. hr.)
- COM 203 - Introduction to Media Writing (3 cr. hr.)
- COM 210 - Fundamentals of Public Speaking (3 cr. hr.)
- COM 301 - Mass Media and Society (3 cr. hr.)
- COM 302 - Intercultural Communication (3 cr. hr.) or
- COM 303 - International Communication (3 cr. hr.)
- COM 304 - Communication Research (3 cr. hr.)
- COM 400 - Communication Law and Ethics (3 cr. hr.)
12 additional credit hours of communication studies courses with at least six credit hours at the 300 level or above or one of the following concentrations in communication studies.
Concentrations: journalism, media production, public relations and advertisingTotal Credit Hours Required for Graduation: 124