If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Division of Student Affairs Honored May 13, 2014
- Cortland Athletics Wins SUNYAC Commissioner’s Cup May 13, 2014
- College Launches Solar Power Panels May 09, 2014
- Geology Professor Earns SUNY’s Highest Honor May 09, 2014
- Students to Award Local Grants Worth $10,000 May 06, 2014
- Summer Institute Offers Benefits for Teachers May 02, 2014
- Corporate Challenge Team Welcomes Participants April 30, 2014
- Focus is Youth Diet and Exercise Program April 30, 2014
- Campus Fosters Good Working Relationships April 29, 2014
- Physical Education Honors 13 Student Teachers April 29, 2014
- Chancellor Honors Three Employees April 29, 2014
- Honorary Degree Recipients Bring Global Reach April 29, 2014
- College Shares Plant, Fungi Info Online April 29, 2014
- Campus Plans May 6 'Hand in Hand' Walk April 28, 2014
- Prosecuting Genocide is May 1 Topic April 25, 2014