If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Newswanger to Direct Physical Plant October 07, 2014
- Avery Serves as Interim VP for Institutional Advancement October 07, 2014
- Fritz Named Interim Director of the Child Care Center October 07, 2014
- Akshara to Perform Indian Percussive Sound Oct. 12 October 02, 2014
- Open House to Showcase Campus Oct. 13 September 30, 2014
- Midterm Elections Are Roundtable Topic Oct. 16 September 29, 2014
- Post WW II Film Series ‘Rubble’ Continues September 25, 2014
- Panel Explores Miscommunication across Cultures September 25, 2014
- Life-Saving Wins Pile Up for Football Team September 25, 2014
- Hawaiian Birds Are Lecture Topic Sept. 30 September 23, 2014
- ‘Brigadoon’ Returns to Dowd Center Oct. 24 September 23, 2014
- Professor Invited to White House Summit September 23, 2014
- Parks Alumni House Celebrates First Decade September 23, 2014
- Kelly Lickert-Orr Named Women's Lacrosse Head Coach September 23, 2014
- Mosaic Dance Theater Company to Perform Sept. 29 September 23, 2014