If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Student, Coach to Speak on Veterans Day November 11, 2014
- President Urges Cortaca Cooperation November 11, 2014
- Philanthropy Week to Honor 'Giving Back' November 10, 2014
- ‘Take Back Cortaca’ to Air on WSUC November 07, 2014
- Take Back Cortaca Events Announced November 06, 2014
- College-Community Orchestra to Perform November 05, 2014
- Eastern European Style Music Offered Nov. 22 November 04, 2014
- College Celebrates Non-Traditional Students November 04, 2014
- College Hosts Assessment of Teacher Certification November 04, 2014
- Cemetery Project Renews Town-Gown Ties November 04, 2014
- ‘Freedom Writers’ Inspiration to Speak November 04, 2014
- Panel to Discuss Ebola Issues Nov. 13 November 04, 2014
- Second Fall Open House Set for Nov. 11 November 04, 2014
- Four Commencement Ceremonies Planned in 2015 November 04, 2014
- Climate Change in Africa to be Discussed November 04, 2014