If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- President’s Opening Talk Underlines Success August 26, 2014
- SUNYAC Honors Student-Athletes for Academics August 26, 2014
- Interim Assistant Directors of Athletics Named August 26, 2014
- Study Abroad Fair Set for Oct. 1 in Corey Union August 19, 2014
- Tai Chi Master Plans Demonstration, Workshop August 19, 2014
- Brother Stays True to Kappa Until the End August 15, 2014
- Feel the Pulse of Red Dragon Pride at the State Fair August 15, 2014
- Share Your Good News, Class Notes Submissions Online August 15, 2014
- Moot Court Resumes Training Legal Eagles August 13, 2014
- When Multiple Twins Came to Campus August 13, 2014
- Camp Offers Chance of a Lifetime for Kids August 07, 2014
- Jets’ Green and White Practice Means Fireworks July 30, 2014
- Conference to Target Mathematics Education July 22, 2014
- Students Focus on Summer Study Abroad July 22, 2014
- Students to Start Fall Classes on Aug. 25 July 22, 2014