If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Local Bagel Business Booms for Young Grad November 18, 2014
- Handel’s ‘Messiah’ Concerts Set for Dec. 5 and 7 November 18, 2014
- ‘The Third Man’ Continues 'Rubble' Film Series November 17, 2014
- Chancellor Launches Education Innovation Center at Cortland November 14, 2014
- Advocate for Colombians Speaks Nov. 19 November 14, 2014
- College Singers to Offer 'Night Life' Music November 14, 2014
- College Boasts Pair of Cortaca Victories November 13, 2014
- School Districts Covet Alum’s Training November 12, 2014
- Student, Coach to Speak on Veterans Day November 11, 2014
- President Urges Cortaca Cooperation November 11, 2014
- Philanthropy Week to Honor 'Giving Back' November 10, 2014
- ‘Take Back Cortaca’ to Air on WSUC November 07, 2014
- Take Back Cortaca Events Announced November 06, 2014
- College-Community Orchestra to Perform November 05, 2014
- Eastern European Style Music Offered Nov. 22 November 04, 2014