If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Talk to Focus on Teacher Activism April 06, 2015
- College Continues ‘Global Crises Week’ Series April 03, 2015
- City Trip to Send Student Writers Back Hundreds of Years April 03, 2015
- SUNY Cortland Plans Green Days Events April 01, 2015
- Jets to Remain in New Jersey for 2015 Training Camp March 31, 2015
- Chancellor to Honor Four Students for Excellence March 31, 2015
- UPD Offers Easy Medication Disposal March 30, 2015
- Local Teachers Hone Skills at College March 24, 2015
- Sociologist to Discuss Humanity's Global Effects March 24, 2015
- Filmmaker to Discuss Human Enhancement March 24, 2015
- College's Outdoor Centers Explained at Roundtable March 24, 2015
- Casting Complete for ‘Legally Blonde, The Musical’ March 24, 2015
- April Events Continue Project on Eastern and Central Europe March 24, 2015
- Workshop Calls Young Girls to STEM Fields March 24, 2015
- Blaze Falls Just Short in Mascot Madness March 24, 2015