Our graduates find themselves in exciting careers, ranging from environmental scientists, researchers and teachers to zoo keepers, laboratory technicians and water ecologists. Others have gone on to graduate school to become professors, veterinarians, optometrists, chiropractors and other medical professionals.
In our program you will receive a comprehensive foundation in biology and related sciences. You can design a course of study suited to your interests, whether it is molecular, cellular, organismal or environmental biology. You also can become certified to teach in grades 7-12, prepare to pursue health-related careers such as medicine or dentistry or concentrate in environmental science.
You may participate in research projects with faculty members and become co-authors of published papers or present your work at conferences while earning course credit. You can also take advantage of our outstanding field facilities and internship opportunities.
- Open House to Showcase Campus Oct. 13 September 30, 2014
- Midterm Elections Are Roundtable Topic Oct. 16 September 29, 2014
- Post WW II Film Series ‘Rubble’ Continues September 25, 2014
- Panel Explores Miscommunication across Cultures September 25, 2014
- Life-Saving Wins Pile Up for Football Team September 25, 2014
- Hawaiian Birds Are Lecture Topic Sept. 30 September 23, 2014
- ‘Brigadoon’ Returns to Dowd Center Oct. 24 September 23, 2014
- Professor Invited to White House Summit September 23, 2014
- Parks Alumni House Celebrates First Decade September 23, 2014
- Kelly Lickert-Orr Named Women's Lacrosse Head Coach September 23, 2014
- Mosaic Dance Theater Company to Perform Sept. 29 September 23, 2014
- Robert C. Howe Honored for Community Service September 19, 2014
- SUNY Cortland Wins Energy Innovation Awards September 19, 2014
- College to Recognize Constitution Day September 15, 2014
- Dowd Reopening Celebrated with Toy Piano Performance September 10, 2014
- Adolescence Education: Biology (7-12) [ABI]
- Biology [BIO]
- Biology Minor [BIO]
- Biology: Concentration in Environmental Science [BIO/ENVS]
- Biomedical Sciences [BMS]
- Conservation Biology [CON]