The art and art history curriculum develops critical thinking skills and creative problem solving by immersing you in the history and making of visual art.
You’ll benefit from small, engaging classes taught in modern studios designed for sculpture, ceramics, painting, drawing, two-dimensional design, printmaking, weaving, surface design and digital art.
In addition to numerous study abroad opportunities, you also
can experience hands-on learning with internships in the fashion industry and at graphic design firms, galleries and museums. The Beard Gallery on Main Street in Cortland allows you to showcase your art while the Dowd Gallery on campus exposes you to exhibits by faculty and visiting artists.
When you graduate with a Cortland art or art history degree, you will be well prepared to launch your career in professional art, design or photography; in academic, curatorial or arts management positions; or in a range of other fields related to art.
Lindsay Wilson and Sarah Lampke have been selected for the Best of SUNY student show at the New York State Museum in Albany.
- Media Executive Visiting SUNY Cortland for Residency September 09, 2014
- C-Club Induction Highlights Busy Sports Weekend September 09, 2014
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand to Host Forum at College September 02, 2014
- Bias on Campus Roundtable Planned September 01, 2014
- New Show Inaugurates Renovated Dowd Gallery September 01, 2014
- College to Go Red for Colors Day August 27, 2014
- College and Firm Partner on New Technologies August 26, 2014
- Speech, Hearing Center Expands Outreach August 26, 2014
- College Offers ‘Wellness’ Series for Campus, Community August 26, 2014
- President’s Opening Talk Underlines Success August 26, 2014
- SUNYAC Honors Student-Athletes for Academics August 26, 2014
- Interim Assistant Directors of Athletics Named August 26, 2014
- Study Abroad Fair Set for Oct. 1 in Corey Union August 19, 2014
- Tai Chi Master Plans Demonstration, Workshop August 19, 2014
- Brother Stays True to Kappa Until the End August 15, 2014
Art Exhibition Association
To promote the involvement and activities concerning the Cortland Art Community, such as films, speakers, workshops, exhibitions and other related activities.Read More About Art and Art History Department Clubs