The art and art history curriculum develops critical thinking skills and creative problem solving by immersing you in the history and making of visual art.
You’ll benefit from small, engaging classes taught in modern studios designed for sculpture, ceramics, painting, drawing, two-dimensional design, printmaking, weaving, surface design and digital art.
In addition to numerous study abroad opportunities, you also
can experience hands-on learning with internships in the fashion industry and at graphic design firms, galleries and museums. The Beard Gallery on Main Street in Cortland allows you to showcase your art while the Dowd Gallery on campus exposes you to exhibits by faculty and visiting artists.
When you graduate with a Cortland art or art history degree, you will be well prepared to launch your career in professional art, design or photography; in academic, curatorial or arts management positions; or in a range of other fields related to art.
Lindsay Wilson and Sarah Lampke have been selected for the Best of SUNY student show at the New York State Museum in Albany.
- Newswanger to Direct Physical Plant October 07, 2014
- Avery Serves as Interim VP for Institutional Advancement October 07, 2014
- Fritz Named Interim Director of the Child Care Center October 07, 2014
- Akshara to Perform Indian Percussive Sound Oct. 12 October 02, 2014
- Open House to Showcase Campus Oct. 13 September 30, 2014
- Midterm Elections Are Roundtable Topic Oct. 16 September 29, 2014
- Post WW II Film Series ‘Rubble’ Continues September 25, 2014
- Panel Explores Miscommunication across Cultures September 25, 2014
- Life-Saving Wins Pile Up for Football Team September 25, 2014
- Hawaiian Birds Are Lecture Topic Sept. 30 September 23, 2014
- ‘Brigadoon’ Returns to Dowd Center Oct. 24 September 23, 2014
- Professor Invited to White House Summit September 23, 2014
- Parks Alumni House Celebrates First Decade September 23, 2014
- Kelly Lickert-Orr Named Women's Lacrosse Head Coach September 23, 2014
- Mosaic Dance Theater Company to Perform Sept. 29 September 23, 2014
Art Exhibition Association
To promote the involvement and activities concerning the Cortland Art Community, such as films, speakers, workshops, exhibitions and other related activities.Read More About Art and Art History Department Clubs