Put your knowledge and experience to work in K-12 rural or urban classrooms!
Opportunities are available for
- Senior science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) majors seeking admission to SUNY Cortland's MAT program or MSEd program:
- Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Geology, Mathematics, and Physics majors
- SUNY Cortland Adolescence Education Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics majors
- Career changers with undergraduate STEM degree seeking to attend graduate school to be certified through SUNY Cortland's MAT or MsEd program
Eligibility and requirements
- Matriculated graduate student
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM)
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.85
- US citizen, national, or permanent resident alien
- Recipients are expected to teach in a qualified K-12 school for two years for every year of support received.
- 2013/2014 Graduate application (due Friday, April 26, 2013)
I have had the opportunity to go to the National Conference during the summer, meet and talk to other Noyce Scholars, and have learned new ways to make Chemistry FUN in my classroom. Any program that could help me be a better teacher means the world to me, and the Noyce program has done just that.
-- Jennifer Traxel, Noyce Scholar and future chemistry teacher
Noyce Community: When you become a Noyce Scholar, you become part of a larger community of the best and brightest science and math educators around the country. The Noyce Scholarship has helped produce over 1,400 science and math teachers since 2002.
Mentor Program: Noyce Scholars are paired with mentors in their discipline to support them in their first years of teaching.
Special Funding: Noyce Scholars can apply for funds to attend regional conferences and/or to join professional societies.
Noyce Facebook: Noyce Scholars are invited to join the Noyce networking site on Facebook. Opportunities for Noyce Scholars (e.g., paid summer research experiences) and general educator discussions are posted.
Graduation Stoles: Noyce Scholars will receive special recognition Noyce graduation stoles to wear during graduation ceremonies.
Noyce Reception: A reception will be held in honor of current Noyce Scholars. Family members and significant others are invited to attend.