ACE students strive for specific levels of academic achievement and participate in ACE sponsored events throughout their years in high school. ACE programs are designed to open students' minds to the idea of college in their future and to help them begin to dream about what kind of career they would like to have.
- Skill training and academic support
- Access to college resources while in high school
- College based programs, including campus tours, theater presentations, lectures, conferences, sporting events, and social events
- Informative workshops such as: securing financial aid, Study Skills or Time Management
- Special admissions consideration for those who acquire the ACE recommendation and fulfill the college admissions criteria.
Goals of ACE:
- Identify capable students who may not be thinking about college for academic or social reasons
- Help students access higher education by providing programs to raise their levels of expectations and achievement
- Increase students probability of success in college by developing appropriate attitudes, study skills, and life skills
- Involve parents in their children's education so parents can provide much needed support
- Encourage collaboration among educators at all levels of education in support of ACE goals