Looking for a way to give back to the College? Considering a volunteer role? Lots of opportunities await you! To learn more about these volunteer opportunities please read below. If you are willing to volunteer, please indicate your interest by completing the Volunteer Interest Form. Thank you for supporting SUNY Cortland!
• Join the Alumni Association Board of Directors: This governing body creates policy, develops programs, and advocates for alumni on-and off-campus. Membership on this board is a two-year commitment requiring attendance at four board meetings each year and participation on at least one board committee. Nominations are accepted throughout the academic year, with final selections made in June.
• Become an Alumni Association committee member: A great way to get to know the Board members and activities without the travel commitment. Committees members meet periodically throughout the year, contingent upon focus and scope of assignments.
• Volunteer for your Class Reunion: Alumni are needed to form Class Reunion committees. These volunteers help to plan reunion events, encourage participation in reunion class gifts, contact classmates and assist with other details for Reunion Weekend
• Volunteer for an Affinity Reunion: Each year the SUNY Cortland Alumni Association helps bring back alumni that are affiliated with a common connection. Some of these affinities are sororities, fraternities, clubs, majors, sport teams and other groups that share common ties. Volunteers work with the Alumni Affairs Office and the respective affinity group(s) to contact alumni and plan events for the reunion.
• Host an alumni gathering: Do you live or work in a great space? Like to entertain? Offer your space to the alumni association for a gathering of local Cortland alumni, parents, and friends to celebrate a professor’s work, a holiday, recently accepted students, or just plain old Cortland pride.
• Attend an alumni event: Our regional chapters are hosting events to bring Cortland alumni together to celebrate. Check out our calendar of events.
• Network with recent graduates and current students: Return to campus to help current students see firsthand the value of a Cortland education! The Alumni Association offers graduates of all majors opportunities to promote the education they received along with the careers they have chosen.
• Get involved with your local chapter: Alumni chapters are in need of volunteers to plan events. Make a call and volunteer your time and talent. Connect with Cortland in your own backyard.