Kappa - The Party Starts July 11!
All Hail Kappa Men! We can't wait to have you back and celebrate your Reunion. Your weekend kicks off Friday, July 11, with a Kappa Welcome Party and the fun continues until Sunday morning. Many exciting activities are planned for your fraternity including:
Kappa Welcome Party at the Dark Horse Tavern
Kappa Golf Outing at Walden Oaks Country Club
Kappa Dinner in the Corey Union Function Room
Kappa Farewell Breakfast on the Parks Alumni House Kappa (1925-1991) Alumni Lawn
And so much more. See a complete list by visiting the Tentative Schedule of Events
Kappa to be Featured in Parks Alumni House
The Parks Alumni House would like to feature a shadow box of Kappa memorabilia as a part of their rotating history display. We need your help to have it completed by Alumni Reunion 2014.
Learn more about the project and how you can donate items by visiting the Memorabilia Donation site.
The Kappa committee asks the fraternity to consider a gift of $1,000 to help name the front lawn west at the Parks Alumni House. In addition, they would like to raise funds to establish a paid internship position for the Alumni Affairs Office. The minimum endowment level is $25,000 to create the position in perpetuity. If the minimum amount is not met, the money will be used to fund positions until exhausted. Their giving goal is $35,000.
To help in your fraternity's efforts, please visit the Reunion Giving page or call 866-OLD MAIN to make your gift. As the College continues to move boldly forward towards the future, your support is more important than ever.
What to do now:
- Complete the Alumni Reunion 2014 Form and check the box "I'm planning to attend Reunion."
- Book your Hotel Room.
- Contact your friends and encourage them to attend. Visit the Tentative Attendee List to see who has already made plans to return.
- Make a Gift in honor of your reunion that will support current SUNY Cortland students.
- Help us find Lost Alumni.
- Consider offering a Classes Without Quizzes course on Saturday, July 12.
- Send your photos to email@example.com to be compiled into a slideshow for your event.
- Donate memorabilia to the Pub Project at the Parks Alumni House.
- Nominate a friend for an Alumni Award. Deadline extended to Monday, March 3.
Kappa (1925-1991) brothers will receive a memory book at Reunion. Make sure your contact information is included by completing the Alumni Reunion 2014 Form.
Hospitality suites are often listed as a top highlight of Reunion and are casual, fun gathering spots exclusive to the host group. The Kappa committee would like to host a suite at the Ramada Cortland, but needs your assistance in purchasing refreshments. All are welcome, even if staying at another hotel.
Checks should be made out to and mailed to: SUNY Cortland Alumni Association, P.O. Box 2000, Cortland, NY 13045. Please note funds go directly to the committee and are not donations to SUNY Cortland.
Make sure everyone gets a Reunion invitation. Help us find brothers with whom we have lost touch.