Class of 1959 - The Party Starts July 11!
Congratulations on 55 years! We can't wait to have you back to celebrate your Reunion! Your weekend kicks off Friday, July 11, with the Alumni Association Golf Tournament and the party continues until Sunday morning. Many exciting activities are planned for your class including:
Class of 1959 Luncheon Boat Cruise on Beautiful Skaneateles Lake
Class of 1959 Celebration in Brockway Hall Jacobus Lounge
Inaugural All-Class Brews and Barbecue at the Lynne Parks '68 SUNY Cortland Alumni House
And so much more. See a complete list by visiting the Tentative Schedule of Events
The Class of 1959 has decided to contribute to its class scholarship. The current value is nearly $34,000, enough to fund at least one student. With additional funds, the College could present at least one more scholarship to a deserving student and the Class of 1959 will forever hold a legacy at SUNY Cortland. The class giving goal is $35,000.
To help in your class's efforts, please visit the Reunion Giving page or call 866-OLD MAIN to make your gift. As the College continues to move boldly forward towards the future, your support is more important than ever.
What to do now:
- Complete the Alumni Reunion 2014 Form and check the box "I'm planning to attend Reunion."
- Book your Hotel Room.
- Contact your friends and encourage them to attend. Visit the Tentative Attendee List to see who has already made plans to return.
- Make a Gift in honor of your reunion that will support current SUNY Cortland students.
- Help us find Lost Alumni.
- Consider offering a Classes Without Quizzes course on Saturday, July 12.
- Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org to be compiled into a slideshow for your event.
- Donate memorabilia to the Pub Project at the Parks Alumni House.
Hospitality suites are often listed as a top highlight of Reunion and are casual, fun gathering spots exclusive to the host group. The Class of 1959 committee would like to host a suite at Country Inn and Suites, but needs your assistance in purchasing refreshments. All are welcome, even if staying at another hotel.
Checks should be made out to and mailed to: SUNY Cortland Alumni Association, P.O. Box 2000, Cortland, NY 13045. Please note funds go directly to the committee and are not donations to SUNY Cortland.
Make sure everyone gets a Reunion invitation. Help us find classmates with whom we have lost touch.