Thank you for helping to bring back alumni to SUNY Cortland to share their experiences with our students and campus community. By doing so, you play an important role in promoting the proud history and many success stories of this College.
To help recognize these returning alumni, we have created a new section in Columns, our alumni publication sent to 60,000 graduates worldwide. Please take a moment to inform us of your alumnus/a’s visit.
If you plan to have an alumnus/a return to campus, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your Name and Department
- Your Phone Number
- The Alumnus/a's Name and Class Year (pre-marital name is helpful)
- Alumnus Contact Info (mailing address, home phone, business phone and e-mail)
- Alumnus Business Info (business name, title and industry)
- Campus Visit details (date of campus visit, time, location, reason for campus business, groups invited to attend)
After the visit, please e-mail us the approximate number of attendees at the returning graduate’s event(s), as well as any photos that you have taken of the person in conjunction with the visit. Photographs under three megabytes will not be published; please set your digital camera on the medium or preferably highest quality setting.
Please note that Columns editors reserve the right to publish photos based on the availability of space and quality of the photo.
Notes on alumni returning to campus:
- Please place the graduate’s class year on his/her name in all advertisements for the event. If you are unsure of the year, please contact the Alumni Affairs Office.
- Please use proper terms:
- Alumnus – one male graduate
- Alumna – one female graduate
- Alumni – a group of graduates, either all male or male and female
- Alumnae – a group of graduates, all female
- Examples: Alumnus Doug DeRancy ’75 will return to campus to speak at the Leadership Banquet. Sorority alumnae will gather for the Alpha Sigma Alpha reunion.
- Alumni should always be thanked in writing for supporting SUNY Cortland following their visits.
For more information about promoting alumni visits, please contact the Alumni Affairs Office.