In our effort to help make the Alumni Association most effective in the support of SUNY Cortland’s strategic priorities, Board Members shall:
1. Serve as representatives of alumni affairs related to campus events, donor events, and alumni events;
2. Attend Board orientation sessions;
3. Attend a minimum of 75% of Board meetings inclusive of the Board retreat once per year (generally in July);
4. Serve on assigned committees;
5. Attend a minimum of one on- or off- campus alumni event annually;
6. Be a consistent donor of time, treasure or talent to any area of the College;
7. Train and serve as a mentor to new board members and Student board members if requested to do so;
8. Have a clear understanding of the mission and goals of the organization;
9. Recognize and support the Alumni Association’s fiduciary responsibility in operating as a not-for-profit entity; and
10. Serve as ambassadors for the Alumni Association on campus and in the community.
11. Make an annual committment to the Cortland annual fund of any amount.