Apply for the Alumni Association Board of Directors
Alumni Association Board of Directors Seeks New Members
The Alumni Association currently seeks new members for their Board of Directors. The mission of the Alumni Association is to represent and serve its alumni by cultivating and fostering positive and lasting relationships between the alumni and the College community. The Alumni Association shall strive to link the past, present and furure of SUNY Cortland through communicating, programming and networking activities that involved and encourage all to support the College and its mission.
Any graduate of the State Normal School of Cortland, the Cortland State Teachers College, the State University College of Education, or the State University of New York College at Cortland, are deemed eligible for board membership.
Interested alumni should review board expectations before applying using the board application form. Please note applications must be received by April 15, 2013 to be considered for the 2013-2015 term.
Alumni who wish to nominate others should send their contact information with the name of their nominee and nominee contact info to email@example.com or call the Alumni Affairs Office at (607) 753-2516.
Process for Candidates for the Alumni Association Board of Directors
A person may self-nominate or have an alumnus nominate them as a candidate for the board. Once interest is ascertained the following actions will take place.
1. A packet including an application, a description of the expectations of a board member, a copy of our Bylaws will be sent to the candidate.
2. Candidates will send completed information along with a letter of reference to the chairperson of the nominating committee. The reference letter must come from an alumnus.
3. The Nominating Committee considers all applicant credentials and compares them to the matrix of the current collective board. Primary consideration for selection will be based on board needs and the quality of the paperwork submitted for review.
4. The Nominating Committee will recommend candidates for consideration at the June Meeting. The full board shall vote on the slate of candidates as submitted.
5. Upon approval by the full board, the new members shall be notified by the Nominating Committee chairperson and provided with a welcome packet of materials from the Alumni Affairs Office.