Each year the honorees are formally recognized on campus and their accomplishments are permanently showcased in the Dorothea Kreig Allen Fowler ’52, M ’74 Grand Entrance Hall of Old Main, adjacent to the Dean of Arts and Sciences Offices.
Candidates for Academic Hall of Fame membership are first nominated by a faculty member, then considered by a committee consisting of faculty members and administrators from the College’s three schools: arts and sciences, education and professional studies. Student representatives from each school may be recruited for committee service. Currently we are seeking nominations for 2013.
Candidates must have the following criteria:
- Be graduates of SUNY Cortland who maintained grade point averages of 3.50 or higher as undergraduates or 3.70 as graduate students.
- Made a significant contribution to society through their chosen profession.
- Graduated more than 10 years ago.
The Academic Hall of Fame honorees, listed in order of graduation, are as follows:
- Suad Joseph ’66
- Stephen Langendorfer ’72
- Thomas Buchanan ’74
- Eileen Jaffe ’75
- Wayne Marley ’75
- Michael Morandi ’76
- Ronald Dye ’76
- Joyce Johnson Valenti ’77
- Anne Knupp Crossway ’78
- Judith Treadway ’81
- William Thomas ’82
- William "Bill" Richards '88